What's For Lunch: Mountain Salad
By Leana Lee
If you are aspiring to lose weight or to eat more vegetables, eating salad is a great choice. You can eat salad at least 3 days a week. Sometimes I eat salad everyday for a week, but then I take a "salad break" and eat other vegetables. I prefer using balsamic vinaigrette or Italian dressing.
Here's how to prepare a delicious Mountain Salad.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
3 large handfuls of spinach
1 1/2 Roma tomatoes
2 tbs. goat cheese
2 tbs. chopped walnuts
1 tbs. salad dressing
Other ingredients that taste GREAT in salads:
kalamata or green olives
sliced fruits such as peaches, figs, apples, pears
1. Rinse spinach, even if the packaging says it was pre-washed
2. Chop mushrooms into small pieces
3. Chop tomatoes into small pieces
4. Arrange spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes on a plate. Sprinkle on goat cheese
5. Sprinkle on walnuts and salad dressing. Voila!
Comment and let us know what you think.
This post was featured on August 13, 2013 in the blog, Calendar Cooking: Scheduling Time for Healthy Cooking by Leana Lee. Leana is a Communications Volunteer at Guiding Parents.